How to Apply for the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) (2021).
If you’ve been in search of how to apply for the National Student Financial Aid Scheme for the 2021 academic session, then you’re at the right place. In this post, we’ll keep you accosted with all the basics of the NSFAS application procedures.
- NSFAS 2021 qualifying students.
- Must be a registered student of any tertiary institution.
- Must be NSFAS funding-confirmed students.
- Must have the applicable NSFAS DHET General AA loaded to the student account.
- The maximum amount of loan which can be awarded to a student is R93,400 to R95,500
How to Apply for NSFAS.
Prospective applicants/students should apply through their school student’ portal by following the instructions below:
- Log on to your school’s student portal, if you’re yet to have an account, Sign Up immediately.
- Once you’re logged in, search for NSFAS application, then apply with your reg. number, or username and password.
- From time to time, view the NSFAS Database www.nsfas,org.za, to check your confirmation and clearance.
Moreover, students can register to be considered for discounts, bursaries, and other forms of funding and financial aid benefits on NSFAS Database. Registering on the NSFAS database is not a guarantee that you will receive funding assistance, but it will help NSFAS to find you if there are suitable opportunities available. However, the database is open to all students regardless of household income, study programmes or year of study.
Click here to get more information about the NSFAS application procedure.