Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the Borealis Artificial Intelligence (AI) Internship Program – Fall 2021. The application process is ongoing.
Borealis AI is an RBC Institute for Research. We’re dedicated to achieving state-of-the-art in machine learning.
Borealis AI Interns support research on a wide variety of theoretical and applied machine learning projects.
Internships are available in the following areas:
- Deep Learning
- Reinforcement Learning
- Graphs and Optimization
- Unsupervised and Semi-supervised Learning
- Bayesian Optimization
- Privacy and Fairness
- Interpretability and Explainability
- Time Series Forecasting
- Natural Language Processing
- Computer Vision
- Working at Borealis AI will grant you unique access to massive structured and unstructured datasets with the tools and resources necessary to build game-changing statistical models.
- Being part of the team means you’ll have the opportunity to publish original research in peer-reviewed academic conferences, such as NeurIPS, ICLR, ICML, CVPR.
- And you’ll be working with some of the brightest minds in AI.
An ideal candidate should have:
- Ability to implement state-of-the-art machine learning techniques.
- High motivation to solve challenging research problems.
- Passion for data, algorithms, and statistics.
- Experience working towards a Ph.D. or already hold an MSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or another mathematically related field (e.g., Physics, Math, Statistics, etc.).
- Previous publications at a top-tier AI conference.
- Experience with writing modular, robust, scalable software in Python.
- Familiarity with the Unix command line and bash scripting.
- Proficiency with deep learning packages, such as Tensorflow, Keras, and PyTorch.
- A deep understanding of machine learning algorithms and/or statistical modeling.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: The duration of the internship is 4 months (September – December 2021). Applications will close on May 4, 2021.