Applications are needed from suitably qualified applicants for the MTN Group Recruitment 2021/2022. The application process is ongoing.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager: Lead Information Security Officer (LISO)
The LISO is accountable to lead the implementation and management of the compliance program and evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of compliance controls established to ensure the safety of MTN GlobalConnect technology function.
The incumbent has a dual reporting line into the local information security head and MTN Group Information Technology via the Group LISO. High alignment is required to drive the best protection of our services to customers.
- Ensure implementation of technical security standards on the financial technology platforms as well as ongoing monitoring and reporting of compliance against the standards.
- Ensure the integration of the financial technology platforms into the security compliance and monitoring eco-system both at Opco and Group level then regularly confirm and report on ongoing effectiveness.
- Liaise with other relevant functions to facilitate the timeous closure of incidents and vulnerabilities in relation to the financial technology platforms
- Manage and support the implementation of risk assessments exercises across the Financial Technology function in order to trap and highlight information security weaknesses and advice on controls to mitigate those risks.
- Implement standards for testing methodologies, techniques and procedures and conduct a robust quality standard programme.
- Manage IS assessments and compliance exercises across the Financial Technology function.
- Monitor the effective cascading of the Compliance strategy into the Compliance Monitoring business plans to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing strategies.
- Implement standards for testing methodologies, techniques, and procedures and conduct a robust quality standard programme.
- Manage and monitor compliance to Information security policies, procedures, and standards via a robust information security program/plan depicting continuous planned and Adhoc audit and review exercises.
- Liaise with other relevant functions to implement information security as defined by MTN for Financial Technology.
- Manage escalating issues (within the information security domain) along with relevant stakeholders.
- Assist relevant business owners and custodians in identifying and setting activities logs, audit trails, functional and technical requirements, and ensure adequate custody of such.
- Serve as an internal information security consultant to MTN and advise on trending information security technologies/related regulatory issues around financial technology.
- Provide adequate support for any escalated information security issues (when needed).
- Supervise and manage collaboration with relevant vendors/stakeholders for vulnerability scanning and penetration testing exercises.
- Manage the maintenance an adequate information security risk register for critical assets
- Provide direct support and oversight to the information security department team members and other relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure adequate compliance to the information security requirements of MTN.
- Minimum of 3-years tertiary degree/diploma (Bachelors of Science, Engineering or related field)
- Masters (advantageous)
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience in the Information Security domain.
- Experience in the telecommunication sector is advantageous.
- Experience in Information Security-related Governance, Enterprise Risk Management, and Compliance
- Understanding emerging markets advantageous.
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies
- Pan Africa multi-cultural experience is advantageous.
- Security systems such as DLP, Antivirus.
- Telecommunication technologies – Good understanding of the Mobile Network and related technologies.
- Good understanding of relevant IT protocols such as FTP, SNMP, LDAP, HTTP, SOAP, XML, XHTML etc.
- Systems architecture & design
- UNIX & Linux operating systems
- Good knowledge of IP technologies
- Knowledge of Planning and optimisation principles and methodologies
- Business Acumen
- Analytics and Interpretation
- Strategic Thinking
- Organizational Agility
- Digital mind-set
- Dealing with ambiguity and complexity
- Decision Making
- Conflict Management
- Financial and Numerical
- Project Management
- People Management
- Executive Presentation