The University of Johannesburg (UJ) Academic Calendar for the 2021/2022 session is released. Students should check UJ academic calendar.
Academic calendars contain the sessional dates, exam dates, matriculation/convocation dates, induction dates, resumption, and closing dates, etc.
The management of the University of Johannesburg (UJ) has officially published the 2021/2022 academic calendar which will run for the January/February semester session.
UJ ACADEMIC CALENDAR.
With reference to the COVID-19 impact and the indication that institutions will most likely
receive the final grade 12 results later in 2021 (instead of between the 6th to 8th of January), amendments to the Senate approved 2021 Academic Calendar are listed below:
- The start of academic activities for senior students is on 15 February, instead of 1 February. Which is two weeks later than normally planned. The start of academic activities for first-year students is on 8 March, three weeks later than the senior students (lost academic time to be made up with possible online intensive revision sessions in the April recess
week). The start date for first-year students is based on the grade 12 results release date of 23 February, instead of the first week of January normally. Allowing for a registration period of one and a half weeks;
- The first semester recess period (2 to 11 April) may be used for revision and to catch up on academic activities, in particular for first-year students (due to their slightly later academic start date). Academic activities during the recess period will be determined and arranged by the relevant academic Departments;
- Supplementary and special assessments move one week later than normal in January;
- The first two weeks in February (and last week in January) becomes academic research time;
- Autumn recess in the first semester moves two weeks later;
- Winter (mid-year) recess moves two weeks later and is shortened with one week;
- Winter recess is two weeks long, and the supplementary assessments are scheduled in the next week;
- Supplementary assessments in the second semester will still be concluded in the same year; and
- Academics resume duties on 14 January for the year and the end of year recess period for academics starts on 11 December.
CLICK HERE to view or download UJ academic calendar.