University of Johannesburg 2021/2022 Admission Point Score (APS) has been successfully published.
In this guide, we’ll be showing you the University of Johannesburg Admission Point Score (APS) for the 2021/2022 academic session. Also, we have a step-to-step guide on how to calculate your Admission Point Score (APS) easily.
UJ Admission Point Score (APS).
The total APS is the sum of the achievement ratings of the six school subjects. Life Orientation is not counted in the calculation of the APS. Rules to be implemented with this development. In order to determine the Admission Point System (APS) the following principles need to be taken into consideration:
- Applicants with the following results, WAEC, Diplome or Exam D’Etat, Certificado de Habilitscoes Literarias, Ensino Medio, and Baccalaureat should be linked with the Ordinary Level (O) Grades on
- Applicants with the following results, HIGCSE, NSSC (HL), AS Level, IB (SL), and KCSE should be linked to the South African NSC (N) Grades on
- Applicants who have set for either A Level or IB (HL) should be linked to the (A) Grades on
- NSC National Senior Certificate (completed Grade 12 in and after 2008) SC HG Senior Certificate Higher Grade (completed Grade 12 before 2008) SC SG Senior Certificate Standard Grade (completed Grade 12 before 2008)
- IEB Independent Examination Board
- HIGCSE Higher International General Certificate of Secondary Education IGCSE International General Certificate of Secondary Education
- NSSC(HL) Namibia Senior Secondary Certificate (Higher Level)
- NSSC(OL) Namibia Senior Secondary Certificate (Ordinary Level – Cambridge) AS Advanced Subsidiary Level (Cambridge)
- A Level Advanced Level (Cambridge)
- IB(HL) International Baccalaureate Schools (Higher Levels) IB(SL) International Baccalaureate Schools (Standard Levels) WAEC West African Examination Council
- KCSE Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education Diplome/Exam D’Etat Diplome d’Etat or d’Etudes Secondaire du Cycle
- CHL/EM Certificado de Habilitacoes Literarias (Mozambique) / Ensino Medio (Angola) Baccalaureate Gabonese School Leaving
Points are awarded for the six symbols on your Grade 11 or Grade 12 report. See the example below.
|First language (the language of teaching and learning)||65%||5|
|Additional recognized language||71%||6|
|Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy||61%||5|
* Life Orientation is not counted in the calculation of the APS.