The University of Cape Town Admission Requirements 2022/2023 academic session is been published online.
The University of Cape Town 2022/2023 Admission Requirements is published. Prospective students should do well to check their eligibility status and admission point score.
University of Cape Town Admission Requirements.
Undergraduate Diploma Study
The minimum requirement for admission to undergraduate diploma study is a National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi with an achievement rating of 3 (Moderate Achievement, 40-49%) or better in 4 recognized NSC 20-credit subjects.
Bachelor’s Degree Study
To be eligible for admission to degree study, applicants need to meet minimum requirements for eligibility:
- Applicants holding a South African National Senior Certificate (NSC) need to pass a minimum of 4 subjects at a rating of 4 (Adequate Achievement, 50-59%) or better in any four 20-credit NSC subjects.
- Applicants holding a South African Senior Certificate need matriculation endorsement.
- Applicants holding non-South African school-leaving certificates must qualify for a matriculation exemption certificate. For more information please visit the website of the Matriculation Board.
Minimum Language proficiency;
All applicants must have attained a certain level of proficiency in English and are required to submit evidence of this, as outlined below, as part of their application to study.
South African Senior Certificate undergraduate applicants;
- South African Senior Certificate undergraduate applicants to UCT must have achieved a pass of 40% or more on the Higher Grade in English (First or Second Language) at the Senior Certificate level.
South African NSC undergraduate applicants;
- South African NSC undergraduate applicants to UCT, must have achieved a rating of 2 (Elementary Achievement, 30-40%) or better at Home Language or First Additional Language level.
Applicants holding non-South African school-leaving certificates
- Please see UCT’s language requirements.